ESP Across Cultures
ESP Across Cultures is a refereed international journal that publishes theoretical, descriptive and applied studies on varieties of English pertaining to a wide range of specialized fields of knowledge, such as agriculture, art and humanities, commerce, economics, education and vocational training, environmental studies, finance, information technology, law, media studies, medicine, politics, religion, science, the social sciences, sports, technology and engineering, tourism, and transport. The aim of the journal is to bring together scholars, practitioners, and young researchers working in different specialized language domains and in different disciplines with a view to developing an interdisciplinary and cross-cultural approach to the study of ESP.
Cost of the journal
€ 18 plus postage.
Postage costs are:
- € 3.50 for Italy
- € 7.50 for the rest of Europe
€ 11.50 for all destinations outside Europe
So overall costs per copy are:
- € 21.50 for Italy
- € 25.50 for the rest of Europe
- € 29.50 for all destinations outside Europe.
Method of payment
- bank transfer made out to Banca Unicredit (IBAN: IT 76 L 02008 04020 000400057455, BIC/SWIFT: UNCRITM1L07);
- postal order made out to postal account no. 18790709 (IBAN: IT 37 J 07601 04000 000018790709, BIC/SWIFT: BPPIITRRXXX);
- Visa credit card or Mastercard, complete with the name and surname of the holder, the full address and post code to which the copy should be sent, the 16 numbers of the credit card, the expiry date and security code (the last three digits on the back of the card after the signature).
About Vol. 8/2011
Mariavita Cambria, Websearching and corpus construction of online news sites in ESP: government leaders on show at G8 summits
Hafida Hamzaoui-Elachachi & Chams-Eddine Lamri, An English course for Algerian Law and Administrative Science students
Bronwen Hughes, From docufiction to docusoap: when televised format transferral results in a change of genre
Alireza Jalilifar & Masume Hoseini Marashi, Authorial presence in single-authored research article introductions in English and Persian: a cross-disciplinary and cross-linguistic study
Alessandra Molino, A contrastive study of knowledge claims in linguistics research article introductions in English and Italian
Amir H.Y. Salama, The Pluralist Context Model in Obama´s Cairo speech: a rhetorical semiotic-cognitive approach
Viviana Soler, Designing ESP material for Spanish-speaking scientists: the case of specialized scientific titles under the nominal-group construction in English and in Spanish
Christopher Williams, Legal English and Plain language: an update
Abstracts of the articles may be found at http://old.unifg.it/esp/abstracts_8.asp
For any query concerning the purchase of copies of ESP Across Cultures, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org
For any other query concerning the journal, please write to the chief editor:
Christopher Williams: email@example.com